In light of the current atmosphere regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we at Cedar Grove would like to take this opportunity to inform you of the measures we are taking to ensure your safe, healthy, and restful stay at our cabins or while attending an event. If you have stayed with us in the past, then you already know cleanliness always has been, and always will be, one of our top priorities and a must in order for us to maintain our #1 ranking on Trip Advisor.
Cedar Grove has always maintained a stringent policy and regimen around the cleaning & sanitation of our cabins prior to your arrival. However, we’ve never taken the opportunity to explain to our guests exactly what we do to prepare our cabins for you. We can’t think of a better time than now to do just that. Shown below is an overview of our standard cabin cleaning process:
- All linens (bath towels, hot tub towels, bedding, kitchen linens, and pet towels) are laundered fresh after every check-out!
- Door knobs and keypads, light switches, remotes, land-line phones, and other common touch surfaces are disinfected and sanitized.
- Appliances, countertops, bathroom surfaces, and any hard surfaces are cleaned with proper cleaning solutions to ensure cabins are safe & clean for your arrival.
- All floors are vacuumed and mopped to maintain an extra level of hygiene and cleanliness.
- All trash and used cleaning supplies are disposed of.
- Hot tubs are fully serviced and maintained on a regular schedule following health department guidelines for the use of chlorine and other chemicals to produce sparkling clear & healthy balanced water. If you have a stay for 2+ days or upon request, our staff will check your hot tub chemicals and cleanliness during your stay.
- At least quarterly each cabin receives a “deep cleaning” which includes walls, ceilings, vents, all the little nooks & crannies, and much more.
- HVAC systems are inspected and filters changed at least monthly
- All onsite water treatment plants are regularly inspected to ensure a safe and quality drinking water supply.
- We take great pride in our cleanliness with a steadfast commitment to ensuring guests are welcomed with clean, sanitized, and healthy amenities to enjoy during your stay!
To give you even greater confidence when deciding to stay with Cedar Grove, we are now taking a few additional steps for your peace of mind. First, we are providing disinfecting wipes in all cabins. Second, our cleaning staff will be taking extra care to wipe down additional high-touch surfaces and/or spray them with a disinfectant as a final step in our cleaning process.
Regarding hot tub usage, according to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC.gov), there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine or bromine) of pools and hot tubs actually inactivates or removes the virus that causes COVID-19. At Cedar Grove, we treat all our hot tubs with chlorine. The chemical levels are checked and maintained on a regular basis during your stay, and in between stays.
We hope your visit to Cedar Grove will be a much-needed escape from the stress, anxiety, and craziness which has become the focus of our lives lately. If you are concerned about honoring a reservation with us in light of the ongoing COVID-19 uncertainties, please make sure to review and understand our cancellation policies. In addition to the refunds provided by Cedar Grove Lodging, you may also purchase Travel Insurance for additional coverage. More information regarding Travel Insurance and the important “Cancel for Any Reason” terms can be found on our recent blog.
Your hosts and the entire staff of Cedar Grove thank you for your continuing support and for visiting the Hocking Hills!
Julie and Kevin